TPO (Thermoplastic Poly Olefin) Roofing Systems
TPO, or Thermoplastic Poly Olefin, roofing systems are rapidly becoming the top choice among clients from every genre of industry – and with good reason. TPO offers superior protection against virtually anything Mother Nature can throw at your building; from excessive heat and cold, to high wind and the most torrential downpours. Its strong, highly-reflective qualities make it an ideal choice for enduring the long Texas Gulf Coast summers, while the use of welded seams help safeguard your investment against leaks and other potential problems.
In addition, the unique compositions of TPO materials have been shown to provide strong, durable insulation. When properly installed, this innovative roofing system can help reduce both heating and air conditioning bills. TPO is available in several neutral color shades, including white, cream, tan and grey. Maintaining a TPO roof is minimal, though regular seasonal cleaning is strongly advised and a service we offer. Culver Roofing Company has extensive experience in this popular application and stands behind each and every installation we design.
On a sunny summer day, a black roof can reach temperatures in excess of 170 degrees Fahrenheit. On the same day, the highly reflective white surface of a TPO Roofing System can be as low as 110 degrees! As a result of the high reflectivity and emittance qualities of the white membrane, much less solar radiation is transmitted through the roof and into your facility or home.
Why choose TPO?
- One of the fastest-growing roofing systems in today’s commercial market
- Excellent protection against excessive heat and cold weather
- Energy-efficient system which helps reduce heating and cooling costs
- An attractive option that is affordable on most budgets
- Popular among businesses and residences and the greater Texas Gulf Coast Region
TPO Thermoplastic polyolefin, or TPO, is the fastest-growing segment of the commercial and industrial roofing industries. Fueling this growth is the increased use of TPO everywhere, where reflective, energy-efficient and cool roof products are becoming the norm. TPO Roofing Systems (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) combine the long-term durability rubber provides with the security of hot air welded seams. TPO’s advantages include:
- TPO roofing systems are the most environmentally friendly of the single-ply systems.
- Mechanically fastened and fully adhered TPO roofing systems
- Membranes come in varying thicknesses to meet your specific requirements and are available in varying roll widths.
- They produce no dioxins or chlorine. – Heat-weldable membrane (none flammable technology)
- Colors: white, gray and tan
- High wind uplift performance
- Hail and puncture resistance
- TPO membrane is Energy Star-Rated Roof System (when installed with proper insulation)
TPO and PVC Roof Systems
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) and Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) are thermoplastic roof systems that are both white and highly reflective roof membranes. These roofs provide excellent weathering characteristics and are highly resistant to ultraviolet light and most chemicals. The membranes have a reinforced scrim and are puncture and tear resistance. Thermoplastic roofs have outstanding seam strength due to the fact the sheets are welded together using hot air. These types of roof systems are lightweight and well suited for second generation (roof-over) applications.
TPO and PVC roof systems are typically installed in one of three methods and provide a lightweight, cost-effective solution:
- Mechanically attached – The roof membrane is affixed to the structural deck with mechanical
- Fully adhered – The membrane is bonded directly to the affixed insulation board or
other roofing membrane substrate.
- Point-affixed – Ideal for retrofit installation over metal applications, plates are installed
at set intervals and the roof membrane is welded directly to the plates.
Does your business or residence need a TPO roof installed? Need TPO repairs on your existing roof? Wind/Storm damaged TPO roof in need of repair? Give us a call at 832-671-1357 or fill out the information below, and one of our TPO roofing experts will happy to assist you with your TPO roofing needs.